Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Life Partner - Part 1

Everyone knows Mumbai is a city of lights and night life. But around 5 AM there is still part of the city which is sound asleep. Usually, to wake them up, the sun rises and puts a bright sunshine on the city. Mumbai was getting ready to wake its' people. There are few bunch of people who do wake up even before that happens. I am part of it. Sadly, my alarm clock does not let me sleep beyond 5.30 AM. 




Even though Mumbai is the city which never sleeps. When you wake up at 5.30 in morning, you will see that moon is sleepy. Skies are trying to assemble their belongings and sun is trying to spread its golden yellow glow. But the sun hasn’t risen yet. And as always I would stand at my balcony holding a cup of tea. I always liked this time of the day. Because this is the only time I would take a sip from my cup of tea and I would forget that I am an Engineer and go beyond my boundaries and be truly myself - how I wanted to be. My imaginative mind would be awakened. I would be a poet, a story writer, a musician. I could be anything that I wanted to be. I would stand there and imagine my old memories.I would also be practical and think about what I should do to go forward in my career. 

Basically, this is my time. Nobody else has control over it. Nobody can take it away from me. 

Otherwise, rest of my life is boring.  I have to be practical, talking to the client, solving their problems and doing all those things that 99% of people spend their life on. 

Taking a sip of my tea I usually hold my hand on the railing, not so that I am afraid that I would fall off that I think it gives some kind of company. Many years back Sushma and I used to stand on the same balcony, hands in hand and looking at each other. It used to rain but we would stand there looking at each other, sometimes even argued and fought on things, but, then I used to convince her. She used to smile and we used to hug each other and forget our problems.

But now Sushma seem to be busy with our marital life. Waking up, looking at our children. And because of that, she is so busy until late night, I don’t want her to wake up early like I do. Otherwise, we would have some time to spend with each other. There is no time when I can talk to her. A weird time pause has taken place in our life. 


Click here to read Part 2: The Promise and Railway Station