Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

First of all the things, let me start by congratulating Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for successfully sending 104 satellites in space. For those of who are actually staying on different planet (take that as sarcasm for not reading news), 104 satellites from different countries like US, Israel, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Switzerland and UAE were sent in space successfully by ISRO. This is a new record (last one was sending 37 satellites). Wow, that's 3 times the last record. Great Job ISRO engineers and scientists. ISRO is planning to send 2nd Mangalyaan to Mars and another unmanned shuttle to Venus.  I am feeling so proud to be an Indian. I spent a considerable amount of time today reading on this topic.




And yes, I did read a lot on this topic because of which you see - this post's title has planet names in them. And Mars and Venus projects reminded me of the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray. Probably what Mr. John Gray tried to convey in his book is true for most of men and women.I had two interesting experiences today which reminded me of this book and I was able to relate to some concepts from that book.


Few months back, I created a profile on matrimony site (don’t ask.. Mom ne zidd kar rakhi thi, so I created it). I find it really interesting to see all the interests you receive from different people and read their profile. Some of them are funny, some are nice and some are totally weird. And the site where I registered, they also send interests on my behalf. Their computers determine my likes, dislikes based on my profile and probably just randomly sends requests to girls. And so, one request was sent to this girl and she accepted it. It's been almost 3 weeks, she accepted, but we never had a conversation. So, I sent her a message yesterday and she replied. Her profile seemed nice and everything was matching with my preferences. But then Aakashvani hui and reality showed up. Instead of knowing each other, she started talking about rules and conditions. First rule, can not stay in Mumbai. I thought - WTF, I was born and brought up, my family, friends and house is in Mumbai… how can I just move to some other place. That’s a very demanding condition. I won't talk about rest of the conditions, but you can get an idea of what must have followed. No options but to remove her profile connection. I think that’s why people say Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. They make their own world and rules. They grow up and behave as per the society they grew up in. Probably this girl had her world in her mind and wanted me and accept her world and rules. It may be fine and I may have thought of doing it, but only after knowing the person and developing genuine love and care for them.


My second experience is also related to this matrimonial site. I started talking to a girl 2 weeks back and I genuinely find her nice. Since we got connected, we used to talk everyday. But for last 4-5 days I have been real busy with office work and other things. So busy that I did not even get time to call and talk to mom for few days. So it's obvious that I would not have had a chat with this girl. So after few days of not talking much, I get a message last night saying "bla..bla..bla.. ……Bye.. TC.. Hv gr8 future". When I woke up and saw that message, I was wondering what happened. Again as a reference from the book, Mr. John Gray says that men and women treat stress differently. Men seems to withdraw temporarily and women may not be interested in solving the problem but like to talk about it. I think that's exactly what happened. I knew she was stressed due to some work related stuff. And same was with me. After lots of office work, I wanted some alone and peaceful time. Anyways, we did end up talking a lot today and everything seems fine now. But at the end of the day, I just can not stop thinking - Was this a trick to remind me that I need to talk? Or what I am thinking about the stress thing is right?


Finally, here is just a random image I clicked driving back home.




No comments: